Browse our current CEs, or catch up on any you may have missed by checking out our archived lessons.
It is critical that our patients remain confident that they are taking the correct medication. This can be accomplished by a pharmacy team that is knowledgeable, communicates effectively and anticipates the questions patients are likely to ask.
This CE lesson will provide you with the knowledge and communication techniques necessary for handling difficult situations that may arise when patients question the medication that they are receiving.
This CE will help you learn how to:
- recognize and better communicate with caregivers
- improve the caregiver-pharmacist relationship, with the goal of better supporting the patient
- support caregiver health and wellbeing with tangible resources and tools
This CCCEP-accredited program is comprehensive in nature, meeting the Ontario Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care education qualification criteria for pharmacists in Ontario wishing to conduct a diabetes MedsCheck.
Armed with the knowledge and patient education principles included in this program, the successful participant will be well prepared for performing comprehensive patient assessments and care plans in collaboration with their patients with diabetes.
This program includes the Diabetes Canada guidelines that were released in April 2018. Completing this program provides an excellent overview of the concepts you need to be successful in performing MedsChecks for diabetes.
Take on a stronger role in the healthcare system—and generate new revenue for your pharmacy—through this unique training program sponsored by Teva Canada. An online education component prepares you for a one-day live training workshop on injections, conveniently located in your area. This two-part program is accredited for 13.5 CE units (6.0 for the online program; 7.5 for the workshop).
Learn how to better help patients with depression—and to spot the signs of undiagnosed depression in patients and caregivers.
As a pharmacist, you can play a key role in identifying and treating depression; your timely support and expert knowledge of antidepressant medications will help patients better manage this serious condition. This accredited continuing education (CE) program will show you ways to better counsel patients who are dealing with depression.
Available in English and French, “Management of Unipolar Depression: A Patient-Centred Approach” is CCCEP and OPQ accredited for 1.0 CE unit.
After completing this CE, you will be able to:
- Differentiate between therapeutic agents and know which to select when treating unipolar depression
- Detect symptoms of concern related to unipolar depression in both diagnosed and undiagnosed patients
- Counsel patients and caregivers on medications and the overall management of unipolar depression to optimize treatment compliance
- Ensure appropriate follow-ups when taking charge of unipolar depression
- Understand your role in offering caregiver support
Benefits for your pharmacy
- Increase your confidence in identifying and counselling patients who have depression
- Establish deeper trust and loyalty with patients and caregivers in your community
- Improve quality of life for patients and caregivers in your community
All archived CEsView all
If you have any questions about these or any other Teva Canada resources for pharmacists, check out our frequently asked questions below, contact your Teva Canada Sales Representative or email TevaPharmacySolutions@crossworx.ca.
Teva sponsors several Pear Healthcare continuing education programs to allow our customers to participate in them at a special rate. To take advantage of this offer, simply use promo code TVAPROMO when you register on the Pear Healthcare website, http://healthelearning.ca/.
You can view a complete listing of Teva’s free continuing education programs here—no promo code required.
If you have any questions about these CEs or any of our professional resources, please contact your Teva Canada Sales Representative or email TevaPharmacySolutions@crossworx.ca.
If you have questions or would like more information about Teva’s CEs and other pharmacy resources, please contact your Teva Canada Sales Representative or email TevaPharmacySolutions@crossworx.ca.