Transdermal Nicotine Patch - Step 1
Transdermal Nicotine Patch - Step 1
- Transdermal Nicotine Patches are a stop-smoking aid.
Dosage/Directions for Use
Step 1: Start with this step if you smoke 10 or more cigarettes a day. Start with Step 2 if you smoke less than 10 cigarettes a day.
Important: Before using TRANSDERMAL NICOTINE PATCH, carefully read enclosed User’s Guide for complete instructions.
Open the pouch and immediately apply the sticky side of the patch to your skin. Apply one patch every 24 hours to a clean, non-hairy, dry area of the skin on the upper body, or upper outer arm. A new area should be used for each new patch.
A clear protective liner covers the sticky side of the Transdermal Nicotine Patch. Hold the patch at one of the outside edges and pull off one half of the protective liner. Throw away this liner. Apply the sticky side of the patch to the skin and press the patch on the skin. Remove the other half of the protective liner and throw away this liner. Using the heel of your hand press firmly for at least 10 seconds.
Rinse your hands with water when you have finished applying the patch. Do not use soap as it may increase the absorption of nicotine by your skin. Nicotine on your hands could get into your eyes and nose, and cause stinging, redness or other problems.
Dosage: Use one Step 1 patch daily for Weeks 1 through 6, then switch to Step 2.
Store between 15°C and 30°C.
KEEP OUT OF THE REACH OF CHILDREN AND PETS.
Each 21mg/day patch contains: 67.1 mg of nicotine with a nominal controlled release rate in vivo of 21 mg/24 hours.
Non-medicinal ingredients: Polyisobutylene adhesives, butylated hydroxytoluene, ethylene vinyl acetate.
Do not use if individual pouch is open or torn.
Do not use if you: Are under 18 years of age; Are an occasional or non-smoker; Are pregnant or breast-feeding; have generalized skin conditions or allergies to adhesive tape or bandages, or components of the Transdermal Nicotine Patch.
See your doctor before using if you:
- Have ever had a heart attack, angina, heart arrhythmias or a stroke
- Have or have ever had high blood pressure, heart disease, thyroid problems, blood circulation or stomach problems, stomach ulcers, kidney or liver disease, diabetes requiring insulin, stroke or treatment of circulation disorders of the brain, allergies to drugs, or have had any allergies to adhesive tape or bandages
- Are taking any prescription medications.
- Do not smoke, use nicotine chewing gum or other forms of nicotine while using TRANSDERMAL NICOTINE PATCH.
- Avoid becoming pregnant while using nicotine patches.
- If you think you are pregnant remove the nicotine patch and see your doctor.
- Do not use more than 10 weeks without consulting a doctor.
- Remove the nicotine patch and consult your doctor if you experience irregular heartbeat, chest pain, palpitations or leg pain occurs or if severe persistent stomach upset (indigestion, heartburn) develops.
- If the area under the patch becomes swollen or very red, or if you develop a rash, remove the patch and call your doctor.
- You could be allergic to one of the components of the patch.
- Remove the transdermal patch 2 hours before engaging in prolonged strenuous exercise.
All information about raw materials and / or allergen information for Teva Canada’s products is obtained from our suppliers and/or third party affiliates and is based on their records.
Please be advised that the Medical Information department is not always notified of change in third party affiliates and / or change in suppliers of the excipients that may occur over time, and all information provided herein is based on our last current records.
"Latex" – refers to NATURAL RUBBER LATEX. We cannot guarantee that there is no latex in the outer packaging or that the medication or packaging haven’t come into contact with latex at any point during the manufacturing process, however this is very unlikely due to the strict GMP procedures that are in place in all of our manufacturing facilities. Employees in the manufacturing and / or packaging facilities may be wearing latex gloves